Taitoc for Life
Taitoc For Life -module puts an emphasis on building and utilizing the movement library as well as developing fitness for health, function and performance. This training module has its focus on improving the movement patterns needed for safe and active function in everyday life through a progression of carefully chosen movement and motor skills.
Taitoc For Life highlights the combination of perceptual skills and movement skills in various conditions that results in enhanced ability to navigate the physical challenges in life. The training takes place in an environment that is inspiring and motivating for the individual.
Taitoc For Life key themes are body awareness/body control, anklestrategy, hip strategy, gait strategy, walking, running, change of direction, perceptual motor skills, balance, jumping, landing, elements of fitness and everyday movement patterns. In addition, many equipment handling skills have been integrated to the training sessions.
Each of the sessions include a skill-driven movement preparation that emphasizes functional body control and development of mobility. The goal with each movement preparation warm-up is to ensure the progression of strength and mobility simultaneously with the increasing motor skill demands.
Taitoc For Life Assessment
The Assessment -module gives instructor the tools and the content to evaluate the skills levels and track the progress. The test movements used for the assessment are selected from the most essential Taitoc For Life skills.
The Assessment -module functions as a measuring tool in the beginning and in the end of the program and provides important information about the level of the foundational motor skills and the elements of fitness. The progress evaluation includes an assessment software that formulates a comprehesive analysis and a report of each individual/group, the level of the skills and the potential areas of improvement.
Taitoc For Life Coaching Certification
Taitoc For Life Coaching Certification -module provides a comprensive toolbox for practical training and evaluation of foundational motor skills for the adults and the elderly. This module consists of lectures and practical hands-on learning.
Taitoc For Life is based on building and utilizing the movement library as well as assessing the fundamental motor skills with the Progress Evaluation tool. With the completion of Taitoc For Life Coaching Certificate the participants will be awarded the Taitoc 4Life Coaching Certificate, and with it, the preparedness and the permission to utilize the Taitoc For Life training programs and progress evaluation tools.
Taitoc For Life Coaching Certification content
- Lecture 1: Taitoc-philosophy + The Theory of Skill learning
- Lecture 2: Taitoc For Life Assessment (instructions and use)
- Practical Hands-on: Taitoc For Life training programs 1-10 + Taitoc For Life Assessment tool
Taitoc For Life Coaching Certification key topics:
- Skill coaching programs
- Movement skill progressions
- Teaching fundamental motor skills
- Building foundations for optimal movement
- Developing elements of physical fitness through skill coaching
- General movement skills in everyday life
- Assessing fundamental motor skills and identifying the areas of improvement
- Individualized programing of general movement skills
- Creating a diverse skill learning environment
- Taitoc online: Instructions and effective usage
Taitoc Fundamental Skills Coaching Certification – practical training content:
LOCOMOTION SKILLS – BALANCE SKILLS – EQUIPMENT HANDLING SKILLS
- Body awareness/body control
- Functional core
- Range of motion and mobility
- Functional strength
- Ankle, hip and gait strategies + balance
- Jumping, leaping, hopping, taking off, landing
- Equipment handling skills
- Running mechanics
- Change of direction
- Perceptual motor skills
- Physical fitness elements
The Taitoc trainings provides tools for implementing comprehensive skills training for children and young people and for assessing their development. The trainings are based on theoretical lectures and practical teaching.
Taitoc For Life Coaching Certification is designed for group exercise instructors, personal trainers and physical therapists who work with adults and the elderly. There are no pre-requisites for taking this certification course.
The duration and the format
The certification courses are held in the spaces and facilities that the course participants typically operate on a daily basis. The duration of the course is 1-2 days. The format can be customized to fit the needs of the participants and the host.
Taitoc Online licence
Taitoc licence for accessing the Taitoc Online may be purchased after completing the course. The Taitoc Online licence can be used in different environments with various functions (individual, team, club, organization, daycare facility, school, town etc.)
Taitoc Online licence includes:
- Programming skill coaching/ the skill learning path
- Video demonstrations
- Progress evaluation tools (reports, graphs, database)
- Username/password for the instructors
- Username/password for the athletes, students, clients